Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Webolution Will Be Monetized...

Have you seen all the amazing new social media / social networking websites that are proliferating lately? I mean, we are already starting to see 'Son of YouTube' and the "outer limits' of MySpace.

Justin.tv is the 'You Tube' of LIVE video streaming. You can easily start your own account, sync up your web cam and bam - you have your own web channel quicker than you can say 'Ted Turner'. It's definitely worth checking out - especially if you have a camera and something to say- travelers - foodies - politicos - business owners - philosophers - I'm talking to YOU.

I happen to be very bullish on live web video ( gee I wonder why? ) and the channel concept that Demand Media is promoting via their Me.TV approach. In fact, unlike some of my friends in the domain industry, I think the .TV domains are greatly undervalued - though they have been getting more attention lately...though not enough to warrant a steep climb in their value.....
yet ( still a good time to invest in them ;-).

Finally - One of my hippest clients - Danny Keith of Skateboards.com - turned me on to Yuwie a website that could turn social networking on it's head. Think FaceBook meets MonaVie. The spin Yuwie brings is the ability for members to make a % of the advertising revenue on page views their content / posts generate. The video spokesperson on Yuwie asks...and I'm paraphrasing...why post on FaceBook or MySpace and make them rich on advertising when you can make yourself some extra money by creating content on Yuwie? Why indeed? There's a 'white hat' multi-level marketing facet to this as well apparently. I'll let you know if this new concept of literal networking is for real or not so.....'STAY TUNED' ( look for our latest Webcast One Video posted next week ).

6 comments:

Frank Okun said...

And, as you were posting this, I discovered a "top url references" on one of our client's sites. So, I was curious. It's called "Weblo.com" (http://www.weblo.com/) which promises that you can become a Mayor, Governor, or owner of a City, State, etc. Not in the "real" sense, but the social networking sense. The site says it's part game and part business opportunity....I'm in!

Webcast1 said...

Very clever. Naturally if you 'own' New York City, Paris or even Santa Fe....you will be getting more visits to your site. It's virtually analogous to the real world. I prefer domain name real estate myself though. I little more 'real' to me.

searchyeti said...

Check out Vimeo - I'm told that it's the post-YouTube break out site: social networking with user generated HD video. Not only is the vid quality a decisive step beyond the competition, and the site interface as well designed as the best Web 2.0 sites like Yelp.com, but Vimeo seems to have already attracted the "bright young things" crowd interested in pushing the medium forward, so you get to see a lot of creative work by young videographers / directors.

sandeep said...

Sai Ideal Software is a professional website designing company in Delhi India. We make high and best quality design and we provide best SEO services .
website designing in delhi

Admin said...

The simple answer to this is "to educate the viewers". Education of any kind makes the viewer easier to take a decision. It doesn't have a to be a buying decision. Many people browse the Internet to find a solution or for research. A web video is the best way to help the viewer to gain extra knowledge about his subject.
webcast services

vijitha said...


I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thanks.
Web Site Designer San Francisco