Monday, June 11, 2007

'The Google Ripple'

"Let it Ripple..."

If you are a business person, chances are you participate in forums or read a blog or two . As you probably know, this is the way to gain 'an edge' or at least become more 'up to date' on the latest news in your specific industry, politics, sports, or Paris Hilton's prison fashions ( I personally enjoy www.DNForum.com - a domain name forum ).

But...have you ever "thrown in your two cents" and replied with a comment to a posting to the blog post or forum post you just read? You may want to think about starting to. Why? I have found posting on forums or commenting on a blog's posting, very helpful in driving extra traffic to my websites and blogs. I call this the "Google Ripple".

The 'Google Ripple' ( I could call it the "Forum / Blog Comment Effect", but the 'Google Ripple' sounds more intriguing doesn't it? ) involves posting 'comments' on blogs and forums that you read. Most of my blog / forum comments are one or two sentence opinions on how I felt about what I just read. What happens after these comments get posted is what interests me and may interest you. References to my comments and posts show up in the Google search engine results pages ( or SERPs as they are called ). I just Googled my name ( come on admit it...you've done it too...your name that is, not mine! ) and was amazed to find some of my postings and comments listed within Google search results. What a great way to quickly drive extra traffic to your website or blog!

So, comments and posts are a great 'gorilla marketing tool' to have in your arsenal. Go ahead, Google yourself or your business. See if the "Google Effect" is 'rippling' for you too!

2 comments:

durmail77 said...

Posting comments on forums and blogs is a great way of driving traffic to your site and getting more incoming links.


Daniel
www.searchwizmarketing.com

Women that Win said...

Great information!! I guess I will start commenting on many different blogs...driving traffic to my website sounds good to me!